Diablo Flooring,Inc : Pleasanton – Danville,CA – Walnut Creek,CA
Caring for your carpet
The natural attributes of New Zealand wool help keep your Wools of New Zealand branded carpets looking good for longer:
- The naturally scaly surface of wool makes it naturally resistant to soiling. Soil will be held high in the carpet pile where it can be easily removed by vacuuming.
- Wool has natural elasticity so it stands up to everyday wear and tear and resists unsightly crushing from furniture.
- Wool has a natural protective outer layer that prevents water-based spills from penetrating into the fiber.
Combined with an effective maintenance plan, these natural attributes make it easy to look after your Wools of New Zealand branded carpet or rug.
All you have to do is follow the three simple steps set out below:
STEP 1: VACUUMING
When it comes to keeping your carpet looking good and hygienically clean, you can never vacuum too often. As a rule, vacuum at least once a week, more often in heavy traffic areas. Be thorough – vacuum under furniture, behind curtains and where your carpet meets the wall.
- Be sure your vacuum cleaner is suitable for your type of carpet. Follow the advice of the carpet manufacturer or your retailer.
- If your vacuum has a bag, empty it regularly to ensure the vacuum doesn’t lose suction.
STEP 2: CLEAN SPILLS IMMEDIATELY
Stains can be prevented easily by ACTING QUICKLY when spills occur. Even when time is not on your side, follow this simple removal process, use the correct cleaning agent, and you’ll be delighted with the difference you can make.
DO NOT RUB OR SCRUB YOUR WOOL CARPET AS THIS CAN CAUSE PERMANENT PILE DISTORTION.
Type of treatment
- Cold water.
- One teaspoon of wool detergent (for example, Softly) and one litre of warm water.
- Clear household disinfectant.
- Dry cleaning solvent such as White Spirit or Murlex (Available from hardware stores). Use only on dry carpet.
- Chill with ice cubes in a plastic bag. Pick or scrape off gum.
- Mix 1/3 cup of white vinegar with 2/3 cup of water.
- Warm water.
- Nail polish remover (should not contain lanolin).
- Surgical alcohol.
- Place absorbent paper over wax and apply hot iron to paper. Wax will melt and be absorbed by the paper.
- Vacuum clean.
- Mineral turpentine.
- Seek assistance from a professional carpet cleaner.
(Begin with Step One and proceed to Step Two or Three if necessary.)
|Stain||Step One||Step Two||Step Three|
|Colas & soft drinks||1||2|
|Gravy & sauces||7||2|
|Ink (ballpoint pen)||9||2|
|Ink (felt tip pen)||4||2|
|Oil & grease||4||2|
|Paint (Oil based)||12||4|
|Urine (old stain)||13|
STEP 3: PROFESSIONAL CLEANING
Professional cleaning once every one-to-two years will do wonders to revitalise your carpet and keep it hygienically clean.
Professional carpet cleaning is a science requiring skills and expertise that can only be obtained through formal training. Untrained operators may do your carpet more harm than good.
Diablo Flooring has 3 Locations.
Pleasanton Showroom (925)426-RUGS
5600-D Sunol Blvd Pleasanton,CA 94566
Danville Showroom (925)314-WOOD
112 W. Linda Mesa Ave Danville,CA 94596
Walnut Creek Showroom (925)988-WOOD
1813 Mt Diablo Blvd Walnut Creek,CA 94596