Each manufacturer has specific terms and conditions. Please refer to the links below for manufacturer specific information.
For issues regarding your Stainmaster or Wear-Dated products please contact the following:
- Stainmaster – 1.800.438.7668
- Wear-Dated – 1.800.367.9598
DIABLO FLOORING WARRANTY
Below are the various flooring warranties that we offer for hardwood, and carpet installation.
Hardwood Floor Installation Warranty
Diablo Flooring, Inc. warranties the workmanship of your Hardwood Floor installation for one year after the completion of work. All workmanship is guaranteed to be first quality. Should any defects due to faulty workmanship become apparent, Diablo Flooring, Inc will correct the problem free of charge. Product defects are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. This warranty covers only the installation provided by Diablo Flooring, Inc. This warranty does not cover damage caused by abuse, neglect, improper use, cleaning agents or by loose lay installation. Your hard surface installation warranty Diablo Flooring, Inc will warranty your labor for a period of one year from the completion of the installation. Types of service provide at no extra charge under the terms of the warranty include repair of seams which gap, repair of transitional moldings, removal of air bubbles and loose grout. This warranty does not apply for gouges scratched or damage caused by water, erosion, insects, pets, spiked heel shoes, neglect, misuse, insufficient protection, improper maintenance, not maintaining proper humidity conditions or failure to follow our written instructions. We cannot guarantee against fading due to sunlight. As time goes by natural exposure to sunlight will slightly change the color of any hardwood floor. Since hardwood is a natural product your hardwood floor will continue to shrink and expand and depending on the season, humidity and heating conditions. Even if your hardwood floor is properly installed, the strips may shrink a little depending on the time of year. Any small gaps that might occur between the strips are normal and not covered by this warranty.
Carpet Installation Warranty
Diablo Flooring, Inc warranties the workmanship of your carpet installation for one year after the completion of work. All workmanship is guaranteed to be first quality. Should any defects due to faulty workmanship become apparent, Diablo Flooring, Inc will correct the problem free of charge. Types of service provided at no extra charge under the terms of the warranty include remaking of seams which gap, ravel, or fray, re-stretching of carpet, repair of transitional moldings. Product defects are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. This warranty covers only the installation provided by Diablo Flooring, Inc This warranty does not cover damage caused by abuse, neglect, improper use, cleaning agents, flood or foundation settling.
What Is Not Covered
This Limited Warranty does not cover the following items:
- Any installation defect that was apparent or ascertainable at the time the work was completed but was not promptly reported to Diablo Flooring, Inc
- Damage related to subsequent alterations, misuse or abuse of the covered items by any person other than the independent contractor.
- Damage resulting from fires, storms, electrical malfunctions, accidents, floods, sub-grade moisture conditions, leaks or acts of God.
- Damage related to customer’s failure to observe any instructions from the independent contractor and/or requirements of the manufacturer with respect to the product, including without limitation failure to control humidity and temperature levels within the home;
- Any item furnished by the customer.
- The installation of odd lots, close-outs or unwarranted product.
Remedies and Limitations
- The customer understands that the customer must first make all reasonable efforts to contact Diablo Flooring, Inc to honor its warranty. The preferred remedy is always for the repair or re-installation to be completed by the original installer whenever possible.
- With respect to any claim asserted by the customer against Diablo Flooring, Inc, the customer understands that the customer will have no right to recover or request compensation for, and Diablo Flooring, Inc shall not be liable for, any of the following items:A. Incidental, consequential, secondary, or punitive damages;
B. Damages for aggravation, mental anguish, emotional distress, or pain and suffering;
C. Costs in excess of the total contract amount for the project; or
D. Attorney’s fees or costs.
Diablo Flooring, Inc makes no other warranty, express or implied, other than as set forth herein;
These limitations shall be enforceable to the extent permitted by law.
How to Obtain Service
If a problem with the installation develops during the warranty period, after first attempting to get Diablo Flooring, Inc to remedy the problem, the customer should contact 925.314.9663 or provide written notice to Diablo Flooring, Inc at the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org
The written notice should include the following information: Invoice #, the customer’s name, address and telephone numbers and a description of the nature of the problem along with a few pictures. Diablo Flooring, Inc will investigate the claim promptly. Any warranty work will be done during normal working hours except where a delay will cause additional damage. The customer agrees to provide access to the house and to make available during the work a responsible adult with the authority to approve the warranty work and confirm satisfactory completion of the warranty work.
Enjoy your new floors for many years to come.
Diablo Flooring, Inc